Sunday, December 7, 2008

BiRequest

OK, so it's not exactly kinky these days to be bi or pansexual. But I still go to BiRequest held the 1st and 3rd Thursday at the GLBT Center in NYC. It is a great discussion group and a super supportive safe space for Bi, Pan, questioning, and/or partners and allies of any gender. I knew I was attracted to women from my early teens but never acted on it seriously until a few years ago. BiRequest was my first opportunity to be with a larger group of Bi people. It felt like coming home; I was immediately comfortable. I would also credit that positive experience for giving me the courage to seek out more Kink groups like TES and LSM for support and camaraderie for my kinky side. While "Bi" is considered by some to be too limiting a classification, this group is not. The group is very welcoming and open, and several of us there identify as pansexual or something broader. But BiRequest gives us a place to come together and discuss the many flavors of Bi sexuality in the safety of a circle of our peers. Plus there is always a low-key and enjoyable dinner to follow. Join us!

No comments: