Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Love My Piercer

I'm quite thrilled this morning. Last night I finally went out and adjusted a few piercings I already had and got a brand new one. On a very high recommendation from a gentleman I met at Floating World who has a HUGE number of genital piercings and others as well, I went to Leroi Jewelers in Manhattan. I had called earlier and spoke to Pete who ended up being my piercer. Leroi Manhattan now share space with Daredevil Tattoos home of the Friday the thirteenth 13 dollar tattoo special. At first I thought I was in the wrong place. But, no, I was informed I was right. Pete came out and led me back to the piercing area in the back. Pete is a lovely guy who put me at ease right away.

I had had my nipples pieced back in July and they just weren't healing right. My fault. I shoulda listened to my first piercer and gotten the straight barbells. But, no, my heart was just so set on rings I had to have them. Well, finally the other night I was speaking with a friend about it who pointed out that the curvature and movement of the rings can cause continual irritation which slows healing. Doh! Of course it does! Silly girl. Also, when I first got them done they only had a 14 gauge ring not a 12. I never really was happy with that size. So Pete the Piercer and I talked about it and we decided to put straight barbells in, titanium just in case there was any allergy issue and size up to a 10 gauge. Pete was highly professional, exhibiting excellent aseptic technique. I'm a nurse, I can make that statement. Everything was fresh and out of a package (of course) and his area was clean and very well organized. He showed me the taper and how it would work. He instructed me to take a deep breath and let it out slowly, he did what he needed to do smoothly and efficiently. Was there pain? Of course. That's the nature of the beast. Do I believe he kept it to the minimum? Absolutely. The pain diminished to a very dull ache immediately and he let me see them in the mirror and I LOVED them. I love them even more this morning. The pain is almost completely gone. Not only that, they hurt less than the smaller rings I had in since July.

The next thing was size up my ear piercings which I have had since I was 14 to a 10 gauge as well. This hurt less, the pain was gone right after the new titanium jewelery went in. One look in the mirror and I was thrilled with them, too.

That left the last piercing, the one that I was most nervous about. The vertical clit hood piercing. With this one Pete recommended a straight 12 gauge barbell, again we went for titanium. I was uptight about this one. Even though I was flying on endorphins from the other piercings, I just could not relax. But I managed to hold still. I won't lie, this one hurt. I yelped. Pete was extremely quick about it though, and the second he was done, the pain was completely gone. And I do mean completely. I think the main reason it hurt so much was I was so tensed up. After he did it I joked about the fact that the reason the piercing area is all the way in the back was so the rest of the customers would not hear the screams. We had a chuckle about that. This morning I don't even know its there. Well, I do, but only in the best way. :-)

So check Leroi out and ask for my new friend Pete. Oh and, Pete? I'll be back.

No comments: